Shopping Cart
Your cart is empty.
Mailing Lists

About Us

Duffy's Delicious Candies has been making the best quality chocolates since the 1930's.

Duffy’s Delicious Candies was started back in 1922 by Charles and Elizabeth Duffy. Charles had been working as a milk-man at the time. Elizabeth had immigrated to the United States at the age of 12 from a small village in Germany near the Swiss border. There is little doubt that it was Elizabeth’s knowledge of candy making that was the catalyst for the business. The original business was run out of their house at 228 South Fourth Street Gloucester City, New Jersey. The candy was originally made in the kitchen then sold on the front porch. Later as the business grew the candy was made in the basement and sold in the front living room. Charles Duffy passed away in 1949 and the business was passed on to his son James and his wife Genevieve. James and Genevieve purchased the house at 35 North Broadway and built the store in 1950. The store location at 29 North Broadway thrived and the need for expansion led to Genevieve’s rose garden being built over in 1954. The house and store are now physically connected.

James Duffy retired in 1979 and passed the business on to his son Robert Duffy. Robert Duffy ran the business until 2001 when he became ill. Robert then sold the business to his niece Barbara Hall (Morton). Barbara had been working in the family run business since the age of 17. Barbara is the youngest daughter of Constance Morton (Duffy). Constance was the eldest daughter of James Duffy. Barbara's daughter Michelle also makes the candy and chocolates along with her husband Eric. All the confections are still made by hand in small batches. We only use the finest American made Peter’s Chocolate for coating. All ingredients are natural with no preservatives.
Duffy’s has been in continuous operation for 90 years.



Find us and "LIKE" on Facebook!

www.facebook.com/duffyscandies